Saturday, August 3, 2013

Savannah's 7th Month!

Hello blog readers! Warning - this post is going to be on exclamation mark overload...it was just that exciting!
Those of you who I actually dedicate this to know why I haven't updated in over a month - because I was preparing to spend most of the month with you!

Savannah had the most amazing month yet! She, well I...packed her bags up and our little family headed to the United States for the first time in over a year!

Savannah is a spunky personality.  I was weary of how she would endure the 16 hr flight and 14 hr flight on the way back, but she really handled it like a champ.  It helped a tremendous amount that she got her own seat where we placed her carseat.  We let her out of it after each nap to play around, even crawl around on the floor and walk around in the back of the plane with the flight attendants.  She even had her picture made in the famous Emirates Airlines flight attendant hat.  She's a trooper!

More on her trip in a couple of future posts I have planned...including everyone she met, her special get-togethers and her baptism!

Savannah is eating all sorts of new foods.  Being that she is half Mexican, I just couldn't help but give her a few freshly cooked beans from a pot.  She loved the broth!  As soon as we arrived back in Abu Dhabi, I boiled her a pot.

She's a non-stop mover and shaker these days.  I mean, there is no holding the girl still! She's so incredibly strong and will wiggle into anywhere she wants to go no matter how much you try to hold her still.

She had all sorts of fun playing with cousins and new friends.  There are just too many adventures to put into this one post, but here are a few pictures that celebrate her 7th month and her first visit to the United States!

As of her six month exam, she was in the 75 percentile for weight and whopping 90th percentile for height! She's a tall cookie!

Favorites:
-Playing with family
-Splashing in swimming pools
-Splashing in bath tub
-Apples & Pears
-Singing and being sung to
-Her binky (pacifier)...this one spells trouble for me
-Her new awesome car seat
-Her new cozy jogging stroller

Dislikes:
-Waking up to find she's sleeping alone
-JET LAG!! (9 hour fast forward will do that to ya)
-All of a sudden being in a relatively quiet house compared to being around family at home (I get the sense she's asking, "What happened to the party?")









No comments:

Post a Comment