Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Back to the Future...part 2017!


I’m starting to blog again.

Why? 

…mostly because I can’t figure out why I stopped blogging in the first place.   I started this little blog as a way of updating family and friends while we lived abroad.  It became a record of Savannah’s 1st year.  I didn’t do the same for Vivienne.  I don’t feel guilty about that. 

Vivienne, if you’re reading this, you should know that I don’t feel guilty because instead of blogging, I spent time cuddling you, helping you try new snacks and food, teaching you how to play with new toys or worrying about you while I nursed you through a cold or some other illness (re: horror that was hand, foot and mouth!!).  We’ve had such a special & close year.  It’s been amazing actually!

Savannah, you had a nanny to help take care of you as a baby.  ‘Nuff said!

So now, we are in a different place as a family…a really, really good place.  Vivienne is about to walk on her own.  She sleeps through the night (most nights).  She can usually eat whatever we’re eating.  She takes a few bottles now and is quickly becoming a strong little toddler.  Savannah is pretty self-sufficient and can even help us with Vivienne. 

It feels like the perfect time to dive into major project world.  If there’s one way that keeps me moving forward as a mom, wife, worker, woman…it’s project grouping.  My brain works in project buckets.  I can usually take on a lot more as long as I tie it as a step in an overall project.  In the past, blogging has been helpful for tracking my projects.  This seems like a good time to make use of it again!

Here’s what I have going on at the moment:

-Weaning Vivienne off bottles and purees and on to all table food (Subject: Vivienne)

-First time being ‘team mom’ for Savannah’s soccer team & supporting dad as he takes on the role of coach for the first time (Subject: Savannah)

-Marathon training (my very first!) (Subject: Running)

-Improving my physical & mental health through Paleo consumption, exercise, prayer and overall self-improvements (Subject: Better Me)

-Reconnecting with hubs (this is a constant, but also a constant struggle with everything we’ve got going on) (Subject: Hubs)

-Keeping head above water at work  (Subject: Career)

-Simplifying our life as a family and enjoying more experiences instead of STUFF…so much STUFF!! (Subject: Experiencing Life)

The blog may not always be riveting, but my goal is to keep it current. 
So with that, welcome to my life…version 2017.



No comments:

Post a Comment